The Lake District National Park is in the northwest corner of England, in the county of Cumbria. We’ve mountains, valleys, villages, towns, coastline and of course lakes! Check out our Maps page for more details.
More than 15 million people visit the the National Park each year. If you’ve never been, our Beginners taster is a good place to start.
Please use public transport to help protect this special environment. You’ll be able to relax, take in the scenery and not worry about parking.
Discover the Lake District
With more than 3,100 kilometres of rights of way, you can walk, cycle and ride around our countryside to your heart’s content. You can also get on the water of our lakes and coastline.
- Free WiFi
- Accommodation booking service
- Information on national and local attractions
- Route finding advice for road, rail or bus
- Advice on walking and cycling
- Maps, books, touring and walking guides for sale
- A range of gifts and souvenirs
- Get your National Parks Passport (opens in new window) stamped
Follow the Countryside Code to get the best enjoyment possible and protect the countryside now and for future generations.
- Be safe – plan ahead and follow any signs
- Leave gates and property as you find them
- Protect plants and animals, and take your litter home
- Keep dogs under close control
- Consider other people.
Keep on the Right Track:
The network of paths and tracks in the Lake District is a fantastic resource for all to enjoy.
Just follow these simple guidelines:
- Respect the interests of other users, farmers and the local community.
- Leave gates as you find them and keep dogs under effective control.
- Protect the environment and please take all your litter home with you.
- Enjoy yourselves!
Tel: 01539 724555
Fax: 01539 740822
Minicom: 01539 792690
Email: email@example.com or fill in our Contact Us Form.
Office opening hours: Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 4.45pm.
Lake District National Park Authority
Kendal LA9 7RL
Nearest railway station: Oxenholme – 0.66 miles, 15 minutes’ walk or 3 minutes’ taxi ride